Monday, June 15, 2009

motorcycle trip

I just got back from a 4 day motorcycle trip. benjamin and I met brett up near the ocoee river and then the next day took the blue ridge parkway to asheville (beautiful). we made camp near a lake just outside asheville and then spent the next day riding all through the mountains of north carolina. it was some of the most challenging and exciting riding I've ever done (nothing like leaning a 1,000 lb bike through thousands of turns) as well as the expected wonderful hang time with the guys. it is so nice to get away to the mountains - I'm very thankful for good friends who love the outdoors, love good conversation, and who make the time to get away.

and I say it all the time, but there really is nothing like being on a motorcycle. I never get tired of it.

full set of photos here.

brett's more detailed account here.





9 comments:

The Sooz said...

I love that last one. Where is that?

Brian T. Murphy said...

its up on the dragons tail. some crazy stretch of road that bikers freak out about.

brett said...

yet another collection of sprawling btm landscapes....yawn

Molly said...

I'm so glad you got to use my Pa Bird's house, his porch and his organ. I hate that I missed hearing you play it, as I could only mash the buttons and make non-melodic noises with it as a child. Glad you slayed the Dragon safely as well.

The Shulls said...

Brian those pictures are amazing... we went to Ashville for our honeymoon. It was amazing to be reminded of that precious part of the world!

Clay said...

The waterfall picture is now my desktop background. Seriously.

Jon Becker said...

There are some funny clips on you tube of people crashing on that road.

Brian T. Murphy said...

brett - yawn indeed.

molly - it was really neat to be there. it felt like reading an old book, being there. and it was good to know that it was your grandfather's place. that back porch was a good place to spend the night. and seriously - that pump organ is INCREDIBLE. please let me know if I can buy it from your family. I will drive up there and get it and use it enthusiastically. what a freaking beautiful instrument.

shulls - thanks - asheville is great, isn't it?

clay - well, that's flattering. you flatter me. also, relevant magazine is still your fault.

jon - I need to go check that out.

木須炒餅Jerry said...

cool!i love it!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,情色,日本a片,美女,成人圖片區