Wednesday, June 24, 2009

flaming republican war lovers (shoot me I'm dead)

yes, that is the full band title. but usually we just call ourselves the flamers. or flaming republicans.

this band is entirely tom cannon's fault, and I thank him for starting it and letting me play drums. I am really not very good at drums, but I am having a blast learning. it's so fun to not play keys and to just sit back and lay down a beat and let that be the only thing I have to do. such a new way to experience playing music.

the band, technically, is not very good, but we are a lot of fun. I seriously have been talking about this band almost constantly because of how fun it is. one time I thought my head was going to explode because of all the fun, and then my head actually did explode. come see us play thursday night and you will probably start dancing. and I will start screaming from the drum kit with delight. and kittens will rain from the ceiling and we will smash them.

all joking aside, if you miss this event, you will probably regret it for the rest of your life and then you will probably resort to cannibalism.

Tom Cannon: Bass
Evan Munger: Vocals
Brian T. Murphy: Drums
Preston Sartelle: Guitar, Vocals
Jared Shull: Keyboards
Jeremy Snyder: Lead Guitar, Vocals

when: 8:30pm
where: o kaf├ęs (2901 2nd ave. s.)

photos taken by t.scott carlisle. full set here.






5 comments:

Catharine said...

Now that makes me want to come to B'ham on a Thursday night! Have fun, my friend!!

Tom Cannon said...

You say,

"the band, technically, is not very good"

You are being a bit too kind. Technically we kind of suck.

"but we are a lot of fun."

Indeed my friend. And fun covers a multitude of technical sins.

Robert said...

Jared's "thinking man"'s left hand alludes to a high degree of difficulty on keys.

e.campbell said...

i just really want to smash kittens. so i am coming just in case.

Natalie_S said...

Am I glad I moved so far away that I cannot possibly come see this show? Or am I sad? I am not sure.

Also, I read parts of this post aloud to Allen, which probably means he could sue for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty.

Brian, it's all your fault.