Thursday, February 19, 2009

pittsburgh

valentines weekend, I went to pittsburgh to participate in a conference. I was there as a photographer, and my role was to talk to college kids about photography, as well as document the event and the city of pittsburgh. it was a fairly open ended job and it was a great experience. the interesting part of the job, to me, was that there were several other photographers covering the event, so the pressure was off and I felt really free to go for the images that I would want to take, not the images that I felt I needed to take. and since I love cities, streets, and strangers, I spent a lot of my time wandering the cold streets of pittsburgh. it was wonderful.

along the way, I met some wonderful people. specifically scott calgaro and his wife, who I hope to visit with again soon.

and I got some great time to reconnect with my friend jeff shinabarger, who is more or less a genius, in spite of the fact that he tried to keep me from drinking too much while I discussed conspiracy theories with mrs. barber at dinner.

and also, if you are in the pittsburgh area looking for a wedding photographer, check out caryn azure. she was there at the conference doing the same thing I was doing, only much better, and I think she got actual shots of the actual conference, whereas I'm not sure how much of that I did.

I've been buried in the studio this week. clint was in town for a few days and we put in some serious hours (I think two 12 hour days) working on two of brad lyon's songs. (they sound amazing.)  I'm also still going through edits for a wedding I shot last weekend. and I leave in a few hours for san francisco. so I haven't had time to edit much from pittsburgh yet, but here are a few early favorites:




3 comments:

Steve said...

Great shots as always man. I really love your style.

Weatherly said...

Nice pics! Can't wait to see the rest of them!

Caryn said...

Love the pics! Especially the second one - sooo beautiful. I might be interested in buying it off you. Send me a quote!