Monday, December 22, 2008

red mountain concert - workplay - tonight

okay everyone. tonight at workplay. not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited about it. I've spent more time than usual this year creating, thinking about, and listening to christmas music.

as most of you already know, we put out a christmas record this year. and so tonight at workplay, we're going to be doing a christmas-only concert. our friend drew holcomb is coming down from nashville and doing an all-christmas set before us. drew has been on most of our records, and it will be great to see him again.

I'm expecting a really great night of music. and 3 days before christmas, I think the timing is just about perfect. from red mountain, we're going to have an 8-piece band featuring multiple violins and of course, ashley spurling. we got together to rehearse about a week ago and the music came together so effortlessly I forgot we were rehearsing.

I have this friend brad and he says to me "I hate christmas music". and I tell him. "it's okay. I'll like it for you." brad will be playing with us tonight.

maybe we'll see you as well. looking forward to it...

6 comments:

Douglas said...

hey brian,
i was looking for your email address, but was forced just to reply to this thread. i like your photos of oxford, ms, and am curious if i could buy one or two. any information as to how i might do that? thanks so much.

douglas williams

Benj said...

Man, I wish I could be there.

Brian T. Murphy said...

hey douglas. you can reach me at briantmurphy at mac dot com. we can talk about the photos.

benj - it was a great night. 2009 is the year we reunite.

Elisa M said...

It was a lovely concert.

The Sooz said...

Remind me again *wink* when you are coming to Asheville. All my friends keep asking me, and I don't know what to say.

Clint Wells said...

"if you book them, they will come" - Moses, Book of Rock 12:1