Monday, December 1, 2008

more thanksgiving photos

about once every 2-3 years, my entire family gets together, and to be completely honest, it is a wonderful, beautiful thing. families are not always encouraging and refreshing. and I know that my own family has caused me issues and despair over the years. and yet, as I get older, the more I am learning to just really appreciate and enjoy the people who are around me. it's one thing to talk about community and friends - who I also consider extremely important and valuable - but it's another thing entirely to consider family - the people I come from and the people I will spend the rest of my life inevitably caring for.  you don't choose your family.  you just love them because they are given to you.  


I am fortunate to be apart of a big family. two brothers, two sisters, and 13 children who call me "uncle brian". more photos here.




2 comments:

Queen of the Squirrels said...

I love the way you bring out people's character in your portaits. Have you ever considered doing a series of posts on how you go about portraiture?

Brian T. Murphy said...

queen - always a pleasure to hear from you. no never considered something like that, mostly because I feel like I am constantly figuring out how I do what I do. It is in no way a nailed-down process. you know?