Tuesday, August 19, 2008

music you seriously do not want to miss

friday night, clint and I are playing with our friend jon black, and opening for mark kozelek at the sloss stokin' the fire event. I really cannot stress how happy I am to be playing with such good friends, and on top of that opening for mark kozelek - I've never met the guy but his music has been seriously carrying me for about three years now. jon goes on at 6:30. mark kozelek immediately after. jon black is of course a red mountain guy, sings on our last record, and regularly helps out when he is in town. if you can make it out friday night, I promise you will not be disappointed.

saturday night, spots play the speakeasy. I think this is only our 2nd show at the speakeasy this year, and we don't have any more on the books. always a good time down at the speakeasy. cheap $5 cover, great drinks, and a great place to hang out and spend a saturday night.

a week from today, wednesday august 27, the spots are playing at workplay, opening for our friend drew holcomb. this is the first time the spots have ever played workplay, and we are happy to be there supporting drew for his cd release concert. drew has been a friend of red mountain for several years now, and has participated on our last three records. drew even came down to help us when we had our "help my unbeleif" cd release concert at workplay a couple years ago...all you red mountain people need to make this your community group activity for the week (I'm serious) - it's going to be a great show, and this is a great way to support a musician who has contributed so much to the music of our church. and if nothing else, you need to come hear the way drew's voice blends with his wife ellie. it's surreal.

look forward to being apart of some great music, and seeing everybody out! come say hey!

8 comments:

Clint Wells said...

None of your links are working brosepheus.

Brian T. Murphy said...

cool. thanks for the heads up. I fixed them.

nice nipples.

shawn avery said...

i can't wait for the workplay show. the green room always makes me sleepy.

also, i won't be wearing any underwear.

i like the freedom.

brett said...

if i come will you perform shirt-less?

Brian T. Murphy said...

shawn - you without underwear is the best version of you. I've always thought that.

brett - yes.

BB said...

I can't wait for tomorrow night. Even though I can hear Sloss shows from my front porch, I will be physically present with a BBQ sandwich in each hand.

shawn avery said...

it's going to happen. the spots gig sans underwear.

i'm gonna try my best to make it to sloss by 6:30.

if i don't make it, i'll just go to sloss in the next few days... your performance will still be reverberating off of the tin walls.

Susannah said...

If I lived in B-town, I'd probably go.