Wednesday, May 28, 2008

some new lights. some kind friends.

as part of my ongoing effort to take better and better photographs, I've been investing in some lights. I've also been partnering with (read: copying) t.scott and learning a lot from him. we've actually been doing a good bit of work together, including a private fashion shoot we just did tonight, and several weddings we are shooting together in the coming months...anyway, on memorial day, I was over at jeremy and liza's house and our friends were very good sports about letting us take their photos...




7 comments:

k&b_echerd said...

good stuff man.

what kind of lights did you get?

Brian T. Murphy said...

right now I'm using some alien bees studio lights, triggered remotely. but I've also got a SB600 and an SB800 which I can also trigger remotely and fire into umbrellas, etc.

there's way too many options out there.

CK said...

these are amazing. i think my favorite, of all, is the one of Liza flicking her hair. fun times.

Liz said...

ck - you have such a lovely, long neck and defined jawline. so very feminine and pretty.

beautiful pics brian. i like the new header pic too. the blue in the sky is such a great shade.

Kari said...

I love the one of Liza flicking her hair too: ) Also I am wondering why you didn't put the one with Brooke sitting in your lap with this massively muscled arm wrapped around her. Awww.... Brian you've been working out since college!!! I would definitely not mess with that bicep!

Brian T. Murphy said...

ck - yup. that one is pretty cool. got lucky on that one. mad props to jeremy for pulling out the fan.

liz - thanks. the new header is one from new orleans that for some reason didn't make it to flickr or anywhere else. I take way too many pictures.

kari - seriously, the arm is being pushed by brooke's hand to make it look bigger. and it's so true about working out since college. I was so strong back then.

camm said...

i stole the 'you are beautiful' picture to use as my desktop background. i l.o.v.e. your pictures.