Sunday, March 23, 2008

james taylor

saturday found me in atlanta, visiting with james taylor. I met james through big brothers big sisters, and I've known james and his family for about 3 or 4 years now, but since he moved away, I haven't seen him in I think almost a year. he still calls me pretty regularly, and we've kept in touch, so I was looking forward to spending time with him again over the weekend. we had a good time with emily taylor, who helped us climb walls.

james is one of the coolest kids I've ever known. and every time I see him he reminds me how all of the things I think are so important, are actually not very important at all.




4 comments:

The Woottons said...

Something about you in climbing gear seems a bit off.
BTW- I'm not going to the conference. I have much to do before moving to Seattle in June. Have a drink for me.

brett said...

those climbing jeans are so hot right now.

Clint Wells said...

you liar. james taylor is a grown white man from boston. he writes songs sometimes. and occasionally sings them.

songs like, "pour some sugar on me" and his post-insane asylum songs like "fire and rain" and "back in black.

liar.

Brian T. Murphy said...

claudia - its all part of my strategy for keeping people guessing about who BTM really is. did you know I am also an eagle scout? I'm actually quite handy in camping situations. too bad you won't be at the conference.

brett - everybody is so down on the climbing jean these days. it really is ideal, that jean.

clint - I have met this james taylor of which you speak.