Thursday, February 14, 2008

in colorado

I'm in colorado. here with 10 friends. there is a lot of snow. I have been strapping plastic things that are shaped like yardsticks onto special shoes designed for maximum foot discomfort, and then sliding down mountains. when I slide, I pretty much just point straight down the mountain. I notice that other people turn from time to time. what other people do is apparently called skiing. what I do is apparently called something else. something like: "sliding boy from alabama with yardsticks".

I have not yet made a single snowball.

in my downtime, I've been going back to old photos and re-editing and playing with them. I like this black and white cypress. there's a color one here that is pretty cool too.

6 comments:

Isaac Phillips said...

Hey Brian!

My name is Isaac.. I'm a good friend of Dan Hames and Tom Slinger. I've been reading your blog for a while, and I figured I'd send you a note since you're in my state.

Where are you staying? Are you up for some cigarettes and whiskey this weekend? haha.. I'm in Denver, but I'll be going to Breckenridge tomorrow...

cheers

DCC said...

SNOW. Watch out for that Abominable Snow Man. I hear he has a thing for Alabama boys with little-to-no snow-sliding abilities...

t.sc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian T. Murphy said...

isaac - good to hear from you. staying with some friends in silverthorne. you gonna be around on saturday.

dcc - it is true. I think I sat next to him today on the lift, while a guy from south carolina found out I was from alabama and said "long live the confederacy!" and I said "umm you are on your own on that one.

Kari said...

I miss you guys!! I'm ready for you all to come back now: )

Isaac Phillips said...

Hey Brian ... I was in Silverthorne on Saturday, but I forgot to check back on comments. sorry

I'm back in Denver. How long will you be in denver?


(send me a txt if you're back in denver: 970 three 89 three 800)