Wednesday, January 2, 2008

best new years, ever.

new years is almost always a let down for me. it's a matter of having appropriate expectations, I know, but still, it's almost always a let down. this year was the first new years in awhile where I've had a gig, and I'm so glad I did, because it was a blast.

those of you who know me know that I love this band, the spots. I honestly can't believe making music can be this much fun. that's the way I feel every time we play.

so new years, we played 2-3 hours at my favorite bar - the speakeasy - and the place was totally packed. probably our biggest crowd ever. shane kept coming up with insane drum ideas, and the rest of us would just fold around him. it was a really great party. thanks to everyone who made it out. I have the best friends in the entire world.

photos courtesy of kari moore.






9 comments:

shawn avery said...

the bottom photo is one of my favorites so far. worthy of default photo status on the spots page.

e* said...

You know, I was just thinking -- That was probably the only time I can ever remember going out on NYE and actually having a very good time.
And I did -- very much so. Good music, good friends. Sounds so simple, but it's really not.

Muchiri said...

I am feeling left out....I was at home sleeping when I could have been hanging with 'the Spots'
Some friends you are alright...
Naomi

t.sc said...

good times. I concur with e* even if he probably doesn't really remember most of the night.

kari said...

Totally agree with e*. One of the BEST New Year's eva eva! I have to give credit to T. Scott for all the great photos. Although the one of you taken from above while playing the keyboard is one that I took. Oh yeah!...my claim to photo fame: ) But in all honesty after I saw T. Scott shoot from that angle I started using it too: ) I think we should have NYE next weekend too with The Spots!

CK said...

Dang.

shawn avery said...

i NEED more photos.

somebody track down that frank dude...

he was in every corner.

t.sc said...

Don't give away all your credit KM.

Brian T. Murphy said...

thanks everyone.

seriously - best NYE ever. I'm already excited about next year.