Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Downtown Photo Walk, Tomorrow Night

so it's obvious at this point, I suppose, that I am fairly obsessed with photography. it's not that I think I'm good at it, it's just that I really, really enjoy it. I enjoy seeing colors through a lens that my eyes never see. I enjoy capturing moments in a photo, and I enjoy photos that tell stories. In fact, I often would just rather show someone pictures I took, rather than tell them about where I went or what I did.

I have been looking into photography classes, but so far, none of the ones I've found have good reviews, or seem to offer what I'm looking for. so...I've been doing the next best thing. I've been finding photographers that are better than me and asking them to go shooting with me.

which brings me to the photo-walk tomorrow night. I have invited birmingham photographers to join me at the speakeasy at 6pm (I plan to get there around 5:30 for a few libations prior to the photography). we expect probably 15 or more people - some of them really great photographers, some of them just amateurs like me, the only rule is that you have to dig photography. this will be a low-key event, where we will visit, and then break off into however the group breaks off as we roam the city streets and take pictures of downtown, during sunset.

there will be lots of help, lots of suggestions (if you are looking for that), and also lots of good, laid back photography. and afterwards, you can expect some guaranteed feedback when you post your photos to the flickr group (I am a big fan of flickr - it really does a lot to help amateur photographers like me).

so, for more info, check this link. otherwise, grab your camera (doesn't matter if you have a nice camera or not) and join us, tomorrow night at the speakeasy.

4 comments:

Clint Wells said...

i'm afraid i have a game of pick up tackle football in avondale park tomorrow night.

but liz may be intersted in that.

i can't wait to tackle grown sweaty men. and i also cant wait for the football game.

Brian T. Murphy said...

clint - I wish you luck in your big game. be sure to tell liz she is welcome to join us, if she is at all interested. and be sure to tackle a lot of footballs.

Liz said...

clint - you're kidding right? i even just tried to call you to make sure you weren't being serious...

btm - sounds intimidating, but fun. i'll give it a maybe...

Brian T. Murphy said...

liz - I'm telling you. nothing to be intimidated by at all. seriously.