Friday, August 31, 2007

music (because I know you love the hyperlinks)

what's more lovely than the music of sigur ros? beats me. and if you need any convincing, watch this amazing trailer (takes a while to load, definitely worth the wait). I need to visit iceland. rebekka, by the way, is definitely my favorite icelandic photographer.

also, found this article today about jack kerouac, it did four things for me: 1. reminded me how much I like "on the road". 2. reminded me that I really need to read salinger's "catcher in the rye". 3. reminded me that a young angst-driven generation of questioners is not something unique to the year 2007. 4. reminded me that music has always been important. especially to people like kerouac, who tend to be the type of people that I like (or so I like to think).

lastly, the new small sails record is fantastic. also, I like the new clare burson and josh ritter records. (ritter has taken time to grow on me, but I really am starting to like it).

oh, and the national's boxer. it's killing me. because it is so awesome.

got a long night of audio editing and mixing ahead of me, and then in the morning I'm off to the new mexican desert. see you on monday.

happy labor day.

8 comments:

Nicholas said...

I've got Jack reading on the road if you're interested.

BB said...

Wow the Heima trailer is the coolest thing I've seen in a while. It was simply beautiful.

e* said...

you take more trips than any person i know. how does one acquire a life like that? i would like to know.

brett said...

i love sigur ros

brandi said...

jeff and i got the dntel album yesterday (and josh ritter and josh rouse) but i LOVE the dntel. you should check it out.

george edema said...

Salinger's Nine Stories and Franny and Zooie are good too. Catcher in the Rye takes a lot of heat from critics but I don't care, I still love it every time I read it.

Patrick Sewell said...

Glad to hear Josh Ritter took some time to grow on you. On my first listen I couldn't get over the fact that it wasn't "The Animal Years." Workplay on Halloween?

Liz said...

skip catcher in the rye and just read the bell jar by sylvia plath. she's been referred to as the female salinger, but in my opinion, she's way better.